Possibly very few people in history have ever spotted a large bird of prey soaring majestically above the treetops and thought to themselves, “Is that an eagle or a dodo?”. However, for anyone who has difficulty telling these two magnificent birds apart we can now point to this helpful engraving from our copy of Buffon’s System of natural history (1791). Problem solved!
- Taith Hanes Menywod: Canol Dinesig Caerdydd
- Women’s History Tour: Cardiff Civic Centre
- Diwrnod Menywod mewn STEM: Maria Dawson, graddedig gyntaf Prifysgol Cymru
- Women in STEM Day: Meet Maria Dawson, the first graduate of the University of Wales
- Darn unigryw o hanes Du Cymru ar gael i’w lawrlwytho am y tro cyntaf o Brifysgol Caerdydd
Search this blog
- 16th century 17th century 18th century 19th century 20th century architecture archives art artists books Barbier family book history book illustrations bookplates Books Cardiff Cardiff Rare Books Cardiff Rare Books Collection cataloguing children's literature conference Conservation curop Darwin digital humanities digitisation Edward Thomas engravings events exhibitions Fairies fashion fine bindings history illustrations incunabula inscriptions Janet Powney Collection Kelmscott Press language literature marginalia medicine music News newspapers ornithology periodicals poetry politics postgraduates print culture private presses provenance rare books research Salisbury Collection science scientists shakespeare special collections Tennyson travel travel writing undergraduates victorian culture volunteering Wales Welsh history Welsh language Welsh Literature witchcraft women's history woodcuts World War One ww1