As a contribution to the (JISC funded) Music Cataloguing Project here in Special Collections and Archives a digital selection of texts which are to be catalogued has been produced for our website by Alison Harvey (Assistant Archivist). Alison has been cataloguing Mackworth manuscripts recently, but the web exhibition includes selections also from the Aylward and BBC collections which are part of the Project (and we’ve included a digital section from an archive we hold of a Welsh composer also). Details can be seen on our website here:
- The Family History Show, South West
- DCDC19: Navigating the digital shift – practices and possibilities
- “Why should the Devil have all the best tunes?”: A Halloween Tale
- Using census records to trace the owner of a birthday book… with an unexpected twist!
- Guest post: Behind the Night-light: A Forgotten Bestseller
Search this blog
- 16th century 17th century 18th century 19th century 20th century architecture archives art artists books Barbier family book history book illustrations bookplates Books Cardiff Cardiff Rare Books Cardiff Rare Books Collection cataloguing children's literature conference Conservation curop Darwin digital humanities digitisation Edward Thomas engravings events exhibitions Fairies fashion fine bindings history illustrations incunabula inscriptions Janet Powney Collection Kelmscott Press language literature marginalia medicine music News newspapers ornithology periodicals poetry politics postgraduates print culture private presses provenance rare books research Salisbury Collection science scientists shakespeare special collections Tennyson travel travel writing undergraduates victorian culture volunteering Wales Welsh history Welsh language Welsh Literature witchcraft women's history woodcuts World War One ww1