The Voyager library catalogue now describes one of our largest microfiche collections in SCOLAR, the Marburger Index. This is a collection of photographs and pictures of art and architecture, collected from many German and other institutions across Europe, containing 1.8 million images. The subjects covered by the collection include painting, sculpture, crafts, buildings and more; it covers all historical periods, and there is a searchable database index which refers to the images on the microfiche. Our microfilm/fiche readers feature scanning software, which allows digital images to be saved to a memory stick. This is the largest of SCOLAR’s image collections, but we hold hundreds of thousands of other pictorial and illustrated materials, ranging from rare books to newspapers to archives.
- Guest post: Behind the Night-light: A Forgotten Bestseller
- Guest post: Illustrating King Arthur
- Guest post: Deciphering the indecipherable in the Janet Powney Collection
- Guest Post: Lest We Forget: In Search of the Forgotten Voices of World War One
- Guest Post: The Inscriptions of Herbert Scylla Mallalieu
Search this blog
- 16th century 17th century 18th century 19th century 20th century architecture archives art artists books Barbier family book history book illustrations bookplates Books Cardiff Cardiff Rare Books Cardiff Rare Books Collection cataloguing children's literature conference Conservation curop Darwin digital humanities digitisation Edward Thomas engravings events exhibitions Fairies fashion fine bindings French genetics history illustrations incunabula Kelmscott Press language literature marginalia medicine music News newspapers ornithology periodicals poetry politics postgraduates print culture private presses provenance rare books research Salisbury Collection science scientists shakespeare special collections Tennyson travel travel writing undergraduates victorian culture volunteering Wales Welsh history Welsh language Welsh Literature witchcraft women's history woodcuts World War One ww1